Commonly Asked Questions
What should we pack?
- Most of your trip will be spent in your bathing suit. Remember towels and Reef Safe sunscreen (NO SPRAY SUNSCREEN!) . You may want a coverup and something to put on for dinner. Duffle bags and backpacks are the most convenient for you on board.
Do I need a passport?
- No. Passports are only required for British Virgin Islands adventures. We are not actively booking the BVI right now due to the ever changing COVID regulations for commercial charters. Please contact us today and follow along on our Facebook Page for updates as to BVI availability.
What if I have dietary restrictions?
- We aim to please and keep all of our guests fed like kings and queens throughout their voyage on Vita! Please notify us at least two weeks in advance, or at the time of booking, if you or anyone in your party has dietary restrictions and we will do our best to accommodate your needs based on the availability of what we can find on island. Check out our full menu to see what the on board options are!
Can I bring my own snacks and drinks?
How do I pay for my adventure?
- We gladly accept cash, Venmo (@dulcevitasails), Zelle (email@example.com) and all major credit cards (with a processing fee). To secure your trip, a deposit of 50% of the trip cost is required. The remaining balance will be due 30 days prior to setting sail. For tip, cash is preferred, but you can also Venmo the crew directly in gratitude for an amazing experience on the water!
What is the procedure once we arrive on St. John?
- Pickups and drop-offs are at the National Park Dock in Cruz Bay St. John. If there is another location you prefer please send your request with your booking inquiry and we will do our best.
What if we get seasick?
- No problem! There are plenty of solutions! If you are prone to sea sickness we recommend taking an All-Day Dramamine an hour before boarding and bringing extra for Overnight Excursions. For a non-medication option, check out Sea Bands which utilize pressure points to ease the queasy. If you have had serious sickness on prior trips, see a doctor prior to your visit to review your options. Many guests utilize a motion sickness patch as prescribed by their physician for severe seasickness.
What is our itinerary?
- That all depends on you, your trip length and, of course, the weather! Please let us know in the comments section of your booking submission any destinations you would enjoy exploring and we will help you customize your trip.
If you have any other questions, just ask!
THE FINE PRINT
Retention of right to change offering
We may, without prior notice, change the services; stop providing the services or any features of the services we offer; or create limits for the services. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend access to the services without notice and liability for any reason, or for no reason.
Ownership of intellectual property, copyrights and logos
The Service and all materials therein or transferred thereby, including, without limitation, software, images, text, graphics, logos, patents, trademarks, service marks, copyrights, photographs, audio, videos, music and all Intellectual Property Rights related thereto, are the exclusive property of Dulcey Rood and Dulce Vita Sails. Except as explicitly provided herein, nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to create a license in or under any such Intellectual Property Rights, and you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works thereof.
Limitation of liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Dulcey Rood and Dulce Vita Sails assumes no liability or responsibility for any (i) errors, mistakes, or inaccuracies of content; (ii) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to or use of our service; and (iii) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information stored therein.
Right to change and modify Terms
We reserve the right to modify these terms from time to time at our sole discretion. Therefore, you should review these page periodically. When we change the Terms in a material manner, we will notify you that material changes have been made to the Terms. Your continued use of the Website or our service after any such change constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms. If you do not agree to any of these terms or any future version of the Terms, do not use or access (or continue to access) the website or the service.
Website owner, the offering, and binding of Terms
This website is owned and operated by Dulce Vita Sails, Dulcey Rood. These Terms set forth the terms and conditions under which you may use our website and services as offered by us. This website offers visitors information on our US Virgin Island Term Charter Company . By accessing or using the website of our service, you approve that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these Terms.
Key commercial Terms offered to customers
When buying an item, you agree that: (i) you are responsible for reading the full item listing before making a commitment to buy it: (ii) you enter into a legally binding contract to purchase an item when you commit to buy an item and you complete the check-out payment process.
The prices we charge for using our services / for our products are listed on the website. We reserve the right to change our prices for products displayed at any time, and to correct pricing errors that may inadvertently occur. Additional information about pricing and sales tax is available on the payments page.
“The fee for the services and any other charges you may incur in connection with your use of the service, such as taxes and possible transaction fees, will be charged on a monthly basis to your payment method.
Warranties & responsibility for services and products
Return and refund policy
We do not accept returns.
We do not collect and/or store your information